Introducing Australia's Toughest Glasshouses
Absolutely the Strongest Glasshouse Available in Australia- A Box Section Frame Masterpiece!
Designed and engineered in the UK, our Windsor Glasshouses offers a perfect combination of elegance and strength, along wth features not found in other glasshouses. They offer an ideal environment for gardeners to grow all year round. These glasshouses are available in 4mm toughened glass (and 10mm twin wall polycarbonate). Boasting a seriously heavy 1.8-3.2mm box-section frame, this glasshouse will stand up to anything you throw at it.
ALL of our Grow-Fresh glasshouse ranges are glazed with AUSTRALIAN MADE safety glass, manufactured here locally to AD/NZS 2208 safety standards. Did you know many of our competitors selling cheaper glasshouses are now importing all of their glass from China? This imported glass does NOT meet current standards and can be prone to exploding. Ask the question before you buy.
The frame of our Windsor Glasshouse was first designed and engineered as a glasshouse and this is a huge advantage. We have seen over a tonne of glass held within the frame of these glasshouses, that's impressive! You will find all glazing held to the framework using our exclusive UPVC bar-capping. This is by far the most advanced method worldwide currently. In contrast to other greenhouses which use slotted channels to slide the panels into, our glazing system actually locks the glazing in place along its entire length. Each pane of glass/polycarbonate becomes an integral part of the strength of the whole frame. Using this method, the glazing cannot be blown or sucked out of the frame, pushing on the glass/poly only locks the glazing strips more tightly into the frame. You will not find a more wind resistant glasshouse on the AU market than the Windsor. We use more aluminium in our frames than anyone else and all our panels widths are kept to a maximum of 700mm.
We use tough "T" section in our hanging basket rails - two sections that run the whole length of each greenhouse. Not only are they there to increase the strength of the whole roof, preventing any tendency for the bays to spread, but they are so strong that you can hang numerous heavy baskets from them.
Our entire range of greenhouses and glasshouses are a full 'nuts and bolts' construction. We DO NOT sell any click system greenhouses as we don't take shortcuts in quality. Ultimately you cannot beat a full nuts and bolts frame on frame construction for ultimate strength and longevity. Come and see it for yourself at one of our display locations, you will not be disappointed.
Base/Foundation Options: Don't want to go to the trouble and/or expense of laying a full concrete slab foundation, concrete perimeter or timer perimeter? No problem! The optional tough full box-section aluminium base plinth is designed for exactly this situation. With other 10mm greenhouses on the AU market, you have no other option but to sit the greenhouse on a hardstanding foundation but this is not the case with a Grandiose. We give you both options, either the low level threshold (provided) or the choice to upgrade to the full box-section aluminium base plinth with our strong ground anchors. Where you are siting the Orangery greenhouse straight onto the ground, you simply dig a hole approx 400x400mm around each anchoring leg, ensuring your base is squared and level (using diagonals measurements and spirit level), before filling each hole with concrete, easy!
Windsor Glasshouses... Built to satisfy the most demanding and discerning of gardeners - still the best, for those who want the very best!
3019mmL x 3679mmW x 2800mmH (9.9x12.1x9.2ft)
- Available In Powder Coated Black OR Green
Extremely Tough Inverted Box-Section Aluminium Frame 1.8-3.2mm Thicknesses!
- Ultra Heavy Duty Aluminium Construction - Made To Last
- 4mm Full Length Toughened Australian Safety Glass (AS/NZS 2208)
- Also Available In 10mm GrowLux UV2 Twin-Wall Polycarbonate Glazing (see 'Greenhouses')
- Exclusive 'Bar-Capping' & Rubber Mounting Glass Insertion System- NO FLIMSY CLICK SYSTEMS
- 2 Opening Adjustable Roof Vent
- 2 FREE Automatic Vent Opener (Valued At $130)
- Heavy Duty Box Section Lockable Double Sliding Doors
- Full Roof, Apex & Ridge Bracing- 3mm T-Sections
- Full Length Side Wall Bracing On Every Bay
- Heavy Duty Double Bolted 3mm Hanging Basket Rails/Crop Support Rails
- Guttering For Drainage & Water Collection Included
- Full Down-pipe Kit Included
- Optional Quality Cast Aluminium Decorative Cresting & Finials
- High 2.8m Ridge Height (Without 100mm Aluminium Base)
- Tall 1.63m Eave Height (Without 100mm Aluminium Base)
- Stainless Steel A2-70 Grade Bolts & Screws Throughout
- Specially Designed Full Aluminium Cantilever Shelving- Optional Feature
- Can Easily Be Extended by 2.1m Or More At Any Stage
- Detailed Assembly Instruction Manual
- After-sales Phone & Email Support
- Lifetime Warranty On Frame
- 3019mmL x 3679mmW x 2800mmH (9.9x12.1x9.2ft)